Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Prior to your appointment, you may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) after midnight the day before surgery.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach, or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Cuomo, Dr. Cuomo, Dr. Marzullo, Dr. Patella, Dr. Miller Jr., Dr. Lee or Dr. Valenti prior to your surgical date for instructions.
The Best Oral Surgeons in Northeast New York!
Call any of our office locations with questions or schedule an online consultation today!
- Carmel NY Carmel NY Office Phone Number 845-278-2101
- Danbury CT Danbury Office Phone Number 203-797-0008
- Hartsdale Hartsdale NY Office Phone Number 914-997-7688
- Mt. Kisco Mt. Kisco NY Office Phone Number 914-486-5600
- Poughkeepsie NY Poughkeepsie NY Office Phone Number 845-452-2900