Important Information Regarding COVID-19
As of 3/16/2020, Northeast Implant & Oral Surgery will remain open for emergency care; if you are experiencing a dental emergency – a tooth fracture, pain, swelling, infection, or facial trauma, please contact our office and a member of our staff will immediately assist you.
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to evolve and change very quickly, our chief concern, as always, is the health and well-being of our patients and staff. We wanted to reach out to reassure you that we are closely monitoring the situation and taking the most current medical updates into account regarding our practice and patient care. During this crucial time, we have instituted the following changes and will continue to adapt as we receive more information on COVID-19:
As mandated by the state, we are advised to reschedule all elective procedures, to reduce unnecessary risk of exposure to coronavirus as of March 16th at 11 PM EDT. However, we are still open and seeing patients for emergencies only.
- If you or anyone you know is experiencing a dental emergency, please reach out to any of our five convenient locations.
- For any rescheduled or postponed appointments, a team member of ours will call you to schedule your appointment, once we resume our normal schedule.
In order to safely treat our patients, we continue to meet or exceed CDC and OSHA guidelines for sterilization and infection control throughout our offices; and additional screening has been ongoing to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and other seasonal illnesses:
- We are asking that if you or someone you know is exhibiting any cold/flu-like symptoms (sore throat, cough, fever), have traveled within the last 2 weeks, or have come in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19, please reschedule.
- We also ask that patients not bring additional support members to the office during this time. If you are having sedation, please bring only one responsible adult with you.
We do anticipate the outbreak will result in more modifications to our current situation, but we have contingency plans in place that should enable us to provide you with uninterrupted service, for those in need of urgent or emergency care.
- Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Summary
- CDC: What to do if you are sick?
- Coronavirus and patient screening: Recommended actions for dentists
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call our offices and speak with a member of our team. As always, we appreciate your patience and trusting us as your provider through this time of uncertainty. We wish you and your loved ones well and know that we will overcome this, together, and emerge stronger than ever before.
Northeast Implant & Oral Surgery