Meet Julia Abend, DDS
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon serving Hartsdale, Mount Kisco, and Carmel
Dr. Julia Abend graduated Summa Cum Laude from Hunter College of City University of New York with a BA in Biology and proceeded to pursue her Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from New York University College of Dentistry, from which she graduated Summa Cum Laude in 2002. At New York University, she was elected to Omicron Kappa Upsilon, the National Dental Honor Society.
To further specialize in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dr. Abend completed her residency training at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center and has been in private practice since 2006.
Dr. Abend is Board Certified in both Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental Anesthesia. She maintains membership in numerous professional societies, such as
- the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons,
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons,
- American Dental Society of Anesthesia,
- Academy of Osseointegration, and
- American Association of Women Dentists.
Dr. Abend is a Clinical Assistant Professor at Weill Cornell Medical College. She holds admitting privileges at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center, where she is actively involved in trauma coverage and contributes to resident education.
Dr. Abend’s clinical interests include full-scope oral and maxillofacial surgery, namely maxillofacial trauma, orthognathic surgery, oral pathology, facial reconstruction, bone grafting procedures, and dental implants.
Originally from Ukraine, Dr. Abend is a native speaker of Russian and Ukrainian and proficient in Polish, in addition to being fluent in English.
In her free time, Dr. Abend enjoys cooking, yoga, opera, and travel.
- Call our Carmel office at Carmel NY Office Phone Number 845-278-2101 with questions or request an online appointment.
- Call our Hartsdale office at Hartsdale NY Office Phone Number 914-997-7688 with questions or request an online appointment.
- Call our Mt. Kisco office at Mt. Kisco NY Office Phone Number 914-486-5600 with questions or request an online appointment.